Friday 28 July 2017

At Home With You!



Hello there, after a visit to my lovely upline, Susan, she suggested I take some die cuts home from the At Home With You photopolymer bundle to see what I could come up with.


Well, not one to shy away from a challenge, I started to formulate some ideas. We had stamped the door in Old Olive so that narrowed my choice of colours somewhat but that was OK as I had already decided I wanted the door to look as if it had seen better days.


I chose to make a 6"x6" card, quite rare for me these days so I had enough space to add the chair and table which were cut from scraps of Crumb Cake card stock. My base card was made from a piece of 12"x12" Pear Pizzazz card - I only have subtles in that size at the moment. Usually I can get away with A4 which I have a supply of in all the current SU colours.

I water coloured the door in Old Olive then when it had dried, I added a little Crumb Cake over the top. The door knocker and lock were coloured in Smoky Slate with a hint of clear Wink of Stella. I'm so pleased I have the Brick embossing folder for this type of card. I embossed white card then used a sponge dauber to apply a little Crumb Cake. For the decking I used the Hardwood stamp in Early Espresso and sponged over that with Chocolate Chip. Goodness, I think I'll soon be getting the ink refill out; I hadn't realised that Crumb Cake had featured quite so heavily!


Again, sticking to the theme, the branch was cut out in Whisper White and water coloured with Early Espresso and Chocolate Chip. Isn’t the little bird cute? I couldn’t resist putting him on.  Cajun Craze came in handy for water colouring the pot to look like terracotta.








No comments:

Post a Comment