Friday 14 October 2016

Pleats, Folds and More Pleats

Hello, this last week week I've been looking at ways to use DSP in my cards. I came across the idea of pleating it to create different effects and have to say, I really like the results.

For my first one I used 2 sheets of 6"x6" paper as I didn't have any 12" double sided. This really caused me headache trying to get the join hidden and I honestly wouldn't recommend it unless you have paper that you just can't not use.
































As the paper has such a busy pattern I tried to keep the decoration to a minimal, with just a sentiment and one butterfly. I love butterflies, so the end result, for me, justifies the headache caused matching the paper. The DSP used is the sadly retired Pretty Petals and the butterfly was stamped from Papillon Potpourri and punched with the matching Elegant Butterfly punch.


The next card I made was far easier courtesy of Susan  from Craftyduckydoodah who on hearing my plight kindly sorted through her 12"x12" DSP stock and brought some sheets for me to use when I attended her Coffee and Card group.


This time, the pleats weren't so close so more of the 2nd side could be seen. With the words facing, I thought it would be nice to add balloons.I didn't have any wide ribbon in either white or Night of Navy so used narrow navy on a strip of Whisper White cardstock. Balloons were punched from Whisper White, Night of Navy and the DSP.




So flushed with success I thought I'd try a collar fold for the third card. I combined  a sheet from Pretty Petals with my favourite bundle, Jar of Love to create this one. I think it might even be my favourite card of this group.



At the time of making this, a friend let me know that her son had been involved in an accident and was undergoing emergency surgery, hence the sentiment. Thankfully, he's making a good recovery and due to the skill of the maxillofacial surgeon will have minimal scarring.



And finally, getting right into folding, I chose to make a double pleated card. This one used Affectionately Yours DSP. I also used a Swirly Scribbles die and the tiny flowers from the Jar of Love bundle - could it have really been anything else!







I really hope you like this selection. Next on my to do list is to try a different for me ink technique. I'm going to attempt to recreate the Northern Lights and will report back once it's completed. I expect to have very inky fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment