Sunday 4 December 2016

From the Herd for a Little Monkey

Hello, goodness hasn't this year just flown by. It seems like it was only yesterday that I was anticipating the arrival of my first grandchild, yet now I'm making her first birthday card! Emily arrived on the 7th Dec, her mum, my eldest daughter Abigail, delivered her on her own whilst her partner was downstairs watching football. I'm sure it wasn't planned that way, but you know how the best laid plans can go awry!


As soon as I saw a retired stamp set called From the Herd, I knew I had to get it. I'm not sure what it is about this set but I love it... and it can still be found on various selling sites. I have the Hardwood background stamp that goes perfectly with this set

At this point I must thank Connie Lindsey as I CASE'd her design that I found on Pinterest, tweaking it just a little to suit. Cutting out the animals is a little fiddly but well worth it in the end. I did try to isolate each animal in turn to stamp directly onto the card, however it became obvious that it would take me far longer to complete; I will need to brush up on my skills in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment