Saturday 17 September 2016

I'm in love... with the Jar of Love bundle

My order containing the Jar of Love bundle arrived yesterday and I've been dying to use it. It's funny how with some sets, I have so many ideas I don't know what to make first. At times like these I put pencil to paper and make a very rough sketch so that I don't forget. Also many of my cards evolve as I'm working, whereas this one I had a very clear image right from the start. It's loosely based on the card I made at Cards and Coffee with Susan at the Grand Piano in Godmanchester, Cambs.

Having got in the mood for Xmas at this weeks Cards and Coffee, I thought I'd make another card for the holiday season, although it has been sugested it would be suitable for Anzac Day with the right sentiment. I don't know about you, but I still associate Christmas with rich, warm colours and these just fit the bill.


I used Wild Wasabi and die cut the largest "round" shape from Swirly Scribbles Thinits as my wreath. I love using the linen thread and this time wrapped it round my fingers a few times before then securing it to the wreath along with some leaves and stems stamped in Garden Green and die cut.

Now last week I really struggled with the 2 stage stamping. I got some scrap paper and had a practise; it's actually quite easy once you get going. The set also has some really small flowers, probably my favourites out the sets I currently own, so I had to include a few. A sentiment added onto the banner and the card was almost complete. The second part of the sentiment was stamped onto cardstock and stuck inside to complete the look. I hope you enjoy it.






















Inside


No comments:

Post a Comment