Wednesday 14 September 2016

One Set... how many ways part 2

Balloon Celebrations

Ok, I hold my hands up. I did say the remaining 2 cards would be on the next post. I'd also hoped that it wouldn't have taken me quite so long to put them on here, but as usual life got in the way so I apologise for the wait.

Day 4 we go back to the balloons. This time I used white card stock. I blended two colours together before punching out the shape. I love how the balloons are really vibrant against the white background; I think this is my favourite so far. The colour combinations are Tempting Turquoise and Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight with Tangerine Tango and finally, Melon Mambo blending into Calypso Coral.


Now finally onto day 5. Have you seen the little round stamp with lines through it? At first I thought it looked like a bicycle wheel but then it suddenly struck me. Using Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz I have slices of orange, lemon and lime! Once again I haven't put a sentiment on, I find it much better to wait until the card is going to be used so that I can get just the right one.




It almost feels as if I should have a jug of Sangria on the table next to me...

I hope that this will show how versatile this set is; there are so many ideas rattling in my head that it's a case of picking one. I could go on for at least another week. Apart from sentiment stamps and a cloud die set, I really have only used the bundle I set out to. Background papers have been made by either using the small stamps in the set or blending inks together. I had been saying to Susan, my upline at SU that I was finding it quite difficult as I had a limited stock having only joined in July. This has proved to me that you don't need a massive amount to start with - obviously I have a wish list a mile long which is slowly falling into my craft room - but with a little creativity and imagination you can create a variety of cards. And if all else fails, there is always Pinterest to kickstart the idea process. I've really enjoyed this challenge, so much so I'm thinking I will set myself a one sheet wonder target using DSP in the near future. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment