Saturday 7 January 2017

The Best Is Yet To Come...

Hello, I was talking to a friend about where she gets her ideas from recently. We concluded that Pinterest can kickstart the process, as can everyday objects.

For me, with this card, inspiration struck while I was watching The 50 Greatest Harry Potter moments. The Sorting Hat scene came up from the first film and I just knew in an instant that I had to make a HP themed card. Quite handy really as my youngest daughter is HP mad...


I was really lucky that I had the Boo To You framelits, which has a witches hat amongst the dies, sadly now discontinued. I also bought the Star of Light bundle from this years Autum/Winter catalogue. The swirl and stars are perfect for creating the illusion of a little magic.


After a little research, I watercoloured that hat using a combination of Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip and Soft Suede, building up the colour.


The flourish, stars and sentiment were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder, giving a reasonably subtle effect. To bring out the gold, I mounted the Early Espresso onto Gold Foil. The card was completed with a flourish to the inside and also on the envelope.




No comments:

Post a Comment