Saturday 14 January 2017

All things Floral

Hello, it's back to normality after the excesses for Xmas and the new year. You would think after using a particular stamp set and corresponding dies to create wedding stationery for a friend I'd want a break from seeing it again for a while, wouldn't you?

The problem is that it is so versatile that after just a few days away, it found its way back on to my craft table. I really think that the Floral Phrases bundle is my favourite of the annual catalogue at the moment. It just looks so elegant and is perfect for so many occasions.


This is really quick and effective, so handy if you need a card in a hurry and I confess, CASE'd from Dianne Keough. I started by using sponge daubers to put colour onto a piece of white card in diagonal lines. A very light touch is needed when using the daubers. Remember, more colour can be built up but once on the paper, it's there to stay; you can't remove it if you have added too much. I then took another piece of card and used the Detailed Floral Thinlit dies. Once mounted, you get a very soft coloured effect showing through the pattern. A sentiment was stamped in the white space, bakers twine wrapped around with a bow and then it was put onto the base card.






No comments:

Post a Comment