Thursday 24 August 2017

Pretty Kitty

Late last night I was asked to make a card for a friend. The brief was that the recipient was going to be 19, liked the colour blue and loved cats and baking. I didn't get the Perfect Mix stamp set when it was available as I didn't think I would use it enough. On reflection, maybe I would but not to worry, as a hobby demonstrator I have to pick and choose my sets carefully. Perfect Mix lost out to Pretty Kitty, which is a regular on my craft table.


I decided to use a soft, pastel palette and so based my colours around the base card in Soft Sky. I can't deny that for this card I took my inspiration from one I saw on Pinterest made by Kirsten Aitchison. I loved the clean simple lines.


Just a selection of the colours used! I can't believe that I actually used 10 ink colours; 3 of them on the ginger kitty.


First of all I stamped my sentiment on the bottom right of a piece of Whisper White card. Then I die cut the word "congrats" carefully keeping the tiny pieces from the middle of the letters for later.


I chose 2 designs from Pretty Kitty that work really well together and stamped them as close as I could so it looked like one image. A spot of colouring using ink pads and blender pens and the card was ready to mount on the base.


Remember I said to keep the little bits from the die cut sentiment? A quick tip when using a sentiment in relief. Place the diecut back in the space as shown above so you know where the tiny bits need sticking onto the base card. Once they have adhered you can remove the sentiment to use on another project.

The sentiment is actually in relief although it doesn't show up on the photograph




No comments:

Post a Comment