Saturday 19 August 2017

Ahoy there...I saw Three Ships

Hello again, thanks for stopping by. Well it was more like little sailing boats! Once again I'd gone to Coffee and Cards, mainly because I wasn't at all smitten with this stamp set when it came out and wanted to see what could be done with it.


Needless to say, I came back fully inspired and will be adding this set to my basket next time I place an order. Funnily, I already have the coordinating dies as I thought of so many ways to use them!


I made 2 cards, the first of which is a handy note cards size. For this one, I used watercolour card and created a sea and sky using Pool Party and Island Indigo. Each element of the boat was stamped on scrap card and cut out and stuck down onto the water coloured background with dimensionals. A simple sentiment and 3 rhinestones completed what is a very simple but effective card. As usual, I stamped the envelope and the inside of the card to coordinate, Most of us struggle with cards for men but I think this would be perfect.


For my 2nd card, this one slightly larger, the sea was made using first and second generation stamping with the splodges out of this versatile set. Not quite the replacement for Gorgeous Grunge - I personally don't think anything else will be - but they do work rather well. The waves have been cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper which adds some sparkle and picks up on the Pool Party splodges. 


I stamped 3 boats and fussy cut them out, tucking 2 behind the waves and leaving the central one on top. They were all stuck down with dimensionals to raise them slightly. The splodges are used behind the sun too.


 I thought this card looked rather calming so chose to add a sentiment for someone retiring. Normally I try to keep them fairly generic unless I'm making for a commission. And just to show great minds think alike over a second coffee afterwards, we thought with a little tweaking and a change of colour this could make a great Christmas card. Watch this space.





No comments:

Post a Comment