Saturday 17 March 2018

Baby, it's A Little Wild!

So now we're on to card number two from the boxed set. If you'd like to see the first card, it's in the previous post. This time I made a card for a new baby; I don't know about you, but I find I need lots of these...
                 ...and wedding cards. So many of the girls I used to work with are settling down, marrying and starting families.


Stampin' Up! do a fabulous bundle called A Little Wild. I adore this set for babies and children. The dies make double sided tags but with a small adjustment, you can use the front and back of each animal on a card as I have. I chose to keep it gender neutral by not using pink or baby blue.


Once again I used a Whisper White base card. I then took more white card stock and using a retired stamp set called Flowering Flourishes made my own DSP using Pool Party ink. Any spaces were filled using a small stamp and Daffodil Delight which came out much brighter than I'd expected. This was adhered to the base card, leaving a small plain white border. I then cut a circle through both layers.


The patterned circle was then stuck down to the inside of the card lining up to  the hole in the front. Using a piece of Whisper White card I stamped, coloured and die cut the elephant. It was then trimmed to remove the loop. Only the head was needed from the front image so that it gave the impression of peeking through.


The back of the elephant was stuck inside the card carefully matching it up to the head. A little grass was stamped around his feet to "ground" him.


I used both first and second generation stamping to make the balloons which were then punched out. They were stuck down using dimensionals. The string was stamped and a bow secured to cover where string and balloons met - there was a very tiny mis-match. All that it needed was a simple sentiment adding. I chose to place it bottom left to balance out the balloons.


I didn't need to add more decoration inside but as usual, I stamped on the envelope for a cohesive look.





No comments:

Post a Comment