Tuesday 13 March 2018

Jar of Love meets Delightful Daisy

Hello, I've finally made it into my craft room. End of term just can't come soon enough, while I love my job in college, it really doesn't leave me as much time as I'd like to be creative now that I'm full-time.

A while ago I made a book box and filled it with cards as a little thank you to a work colleague who sometimes gives me a lift home. She lives in the same village as me luckily and I have to say I really appreciate her kindness, especially at the end of a hectic day.


Today I'm going to show the first of the cards I made. I based them all on the colour palette of the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper although I did use various stamp and die sets for a range of cards that hopefully cover most life events.


For this card I went back to one of my favourite stamp sets, Jar of Love. I chose to use a Whisper White card base for this birthday card. My DSP was cut smaller and using a collar fold mounted onto Calypso Coral. I really like collar folds as it shows off both sides of the DSP. This in turn was stuck onto the front of the base card.


Using a scrap of Whisper White card and the Pool Party ink pad I stamped the small jar and mounted onto the card to the left hand side. I don't know about you, but I love stamping and die cutting leaves, flowers and butterflies so that I can use up the smallest scraps of card stock. I hate throwing any away and if it's big enough to take a die or punch then I put it it in my scrap folder for later use. I arranged the flowers and stuck down using dimensionals once happy with the layout


A small bow using Pool Party ribbon and birthday sentiment taken from the Cake Soiree stamp set completed the look. As usual I decorated the inside of the card and the envelope, this time by adhering a strip of the DSP along one side.


So, this is card number one, I hope you like it. Keep an eye out for the other four cards and the book box I made for them to go in.




No comments:

Post a Comment