Saturday 3 March 2018

Flying Home

Hello, as soon as I saw the Flying Home stamp set I knew it would soon be winging it's way to me. It's taken a little while to get round to inking it up but I just love the results with my first card; perfect to send to someone that has just moved into their new home. In fact I think I might already have a recipient within the next few weeks, all being well. I also thought mamma bird feeding her chicks in the nest could make a great card to celebrate the birth of a baby!


Although my card base is Whisper White, I chose to use Soft Sky to create a border. I partially die cut a circle, completing the cutting around the nest with scissors. I love this effect; it can be a little time consuming to get it right but really is quite easy.


I used a combination of Stampin' Up watercolour pencils and ink pads in conjunction with a blender pen to spread the colour.


I used dimensionals to create a 3D effect and placed some linen thread behind the sentiment which is from the At Home with You stamp set.




No comments:

Post a Comment