Saturday 31 March 2018

Heartfelt Blooms

We've finally got to the last card in the Book Box set, there are six in all which means this is the penultimate post; with the final one showcasing the Book Box. I've tried to cover as many occasions as possible, making the sentiments reasonably generic to cover several events where possible. This card is no exception expressing heartfelt thoughts. Ideal to offer hope and sympathy and this type of card is never really easy to make. Should you use colour... a little bit of bling... fancy folds... We all have our own interpretation of what is acceptable.


I personally like to use more muted colours and so once again am using Pool Party. Those who know me well might suggest a Freudian slip as I used the same colours for the wedding card!


When Heartfelt Blooms first came out for Sale-a-bration I wasn't too sure about it. However, while for me it was a slow burner, I wouldn't be without it now. Using just one colour you get light and shade with this stamp, it really looks amazing. I've also seen it stamped in a very pale colour and then coloured using the watercolour pencils for a totally different look. Sale-a-bration is a fabulous event running from January until the end of March where for every £45 spent, you can choose an item from a varied selection. They include DSP, ribbons, stamps, embossing folders and dies and often co-ordinate with items in the main catalogues.


As you can see, I partially stamped the image at the top and then fully stamped it in the opposite corner. My sentiment was stamped directly onto the card which was mounted onto the card base after I'd wrapped some ribbon round. A small bow added the final touch. As usual I decorated both the inside of the card and the envelope.






No comments:

Post a Comment