Tuesday 30 August 2016

For the Love Of Harry Potter

A few days ago I made a card that I absolutely love, love love. So why didn't I put it on my blog straight away, you ask. Well, I've been having a real battle with myself; the problem is that it isn't totally SU! I'm really trying, honest I am, but sometimes I just haven't got the equivalent Stampin' Up item.... or as in this case, they don't make it. And this time, it's the main feature.

Waiting for a suitable sentiment

So what's all the fuss about? The other week, I saw a fabulous card, sorry but I can't remember who by, that I really had to CASE. It called to me, in fact it positively screamed my name. I'll try and trawl through to credit the original artist. Then by chance I saw someone selling the retired stamp If the Broom Fits. How could I not create my version of this card. It was a sign. It was meant to be. But in being, it has caused my dilemma.


The more I saw this stamp, the more I thought how nice it could be just stamping individual brooms. I also decided that Gorgeous Grunge would be great to add to the magical theme.


The golden snitch was created by die cutting a circle, its wings - I know they should have been silver -  made by punching several butterflies layered up to create length and cut in half, one for each side. And that's where I strayed from the Stampin' Up path. The gold paper was found in my scrap drawer; just enough for one card. To me it gives the impression of the markings needed and if I'm going to be totally honest, I wish I knew where it came from as I'd love to buy more of it!


 I started by cutting a piece of A4 heavy Whisper White cardstock in half for the card blank. Night of Navy was layered on top leaving a small edge of white all around. I stamped 2 brooms, one in Chocolate Chip, the other in Crumb Cake and fussy cut them out. It's only recently that I've started to fussy cut, it isn't always possible or necessary to get dies for each stamp. Linen thread was folded over and tied in a bow around 1 of the brooms which was attached to the card using dimensionals. Before attaching the snitch, I used Versamark to stamp the "splatters"  out of Gorgeous Grunge and heat embossed using gold powder. All that it needs now is a suitable sentiment.

Wow, after some help from some lovely ladies this is the link to the inspiration for this card. Massive thanks to Beryl.
B-CREative with Beryl Independant Stampin' Up demonstrator 

No comments:

Post a Comment