Monday 15 August 2016

Time Flies...

Well time certainly seems to be flying here in Colne, this year is wizzing by. Once again I decided to concentrate on small gifts for Christmas; this time an easel calendar with post it pad, they say variety is the spice of life. I also felt that it was time that men got a look in, most of my crafty makes are very much designed for women. Like lots of crafters, I tend to find cards and gifts more difficult to design with men in mind.

 I keep seeing the Hardwood background stamp cut and turned into fencing but thought it would be nice to use it as is. This stamp reminded me of the hardwood interior of a Freeman 22 mark 1 cabin cruiser I'm the co-owner of still at the moment so it didn't take much of a leap to use the Going Global stamp set and create a slightly nautical theme. I have a die in the shape of an anchor that completed the look. The colours chosen add to the theme.


I used Marina Mist as the base card and layered with the Crumb Cake stamped with the Hardwood background. Dapper Denim added a splash as my accent colour. I also used Linen Thread wrapped around the Crumb Cake several times to give a little texture. The anchor was coloured in grey and then I used glossy accents over it. It came out exactly as I had planned, looking quite grungy, but that was more by luck than design.

Close up
All that I need to do now is add the Post It notes when they arrive.



No comments:

Post a Comment