Monday 22 August 2016

She's got the key of the door, never been 21 before....

While I have started papercrafting for Christmas rather than make cards there are some occasions that you just want to make a card for.


Today it's my youngest daughter, Sarah's 21st birthday; I know, I don't look old enough! Anyway, not being a girly girl I decided to make a card in shades of purple and turquoise - not an obvious choice but her favourite colour she assures me is turquoise and being an Emo, purple had to be included. The stamp set used was Balloon Celebration and I used the Balloon Bouquet co-ordinating punch. My upline Susan, aka Mama Duck, kindly cut out the number 21 using the large number framelit dies - I really must soon get my own set soon as I can see so many uses for them.


I couldn't decide at first how to tie the purple and turquoise together for the background; then I remembered I had Gorgeous Grunge. I used the larger ink splat in turquoise and the smaller splat in purple. With both colours I stamped onto a scrap of paper first before committing to the background so I ended up with a paler version. The eagle eyed amongst you will notice the lines from the edge the stamps; I actually like the addition of them for this card as it adds to the effect although normally, I'd wipe away excess ink before stamping.



The balloons were given a lick of Wink of Stella before being heat embossed with clear powder.







No comments:

Post a Comment