Thursday 4 August 2016

Not quite Xmas in July...

I've been lucky enough to have a sneaky peak at the new Autumn/Winter Catalogue and I have to admit there are some gorgeous new stamps coming out; some even have dies or punches to co-ordinate. With so many to choose from I'm trying to work out my "can't live without list" and at the moment it's quite a list. The dilemma I have is that as a new demonstrator, I'm still trying to build up my core stock so I want the choices I make really work for me.

In the meantime as everyone is showing their Xmas makes, I thought I'd make a card using the Wondrous Wreath stamps and Wonderful Wreath die set. Luckily these stamps are extremely versatile, so if I wanted to, I can use them for other occasions as well.

First of all I decided on my colour scheme. I have a friend in mind to send this to during the holiday season who likes all her decor to match - and that includes cards when possible!
So for Chantelle, I've chosen Pool Party and Bermuda Bay with highlights of Crumb Cake.


This uses up to 3 stamps to create the wreath, so first of all, I stamped the background leaves in Pool Party, then used Bermuda Bay to give a little depth. I finally did the berries in Crumb Cake and brushed them with clear Wink of Stella to add a little shimmer.


Layering the stamps is so easy as each one has a small tab to ensure correct placement, hence the small mark on the card. As I'm die cutting this, it won't be seen. Obviously, if this wasn't being cut out, I would use a light pencil guideline and erase.


To add interest, I took some bakers twine in white, separated it into single strands and coloured it with a marker before wrapping around the top layer of card before matting and layering.


The wreath and bow were fixed using dimensionals - double sided foam pads -to give a slightly 3D effect. The addition of a layered sentiment completes the look. I've placed a stamped insert in as well as stamped the envelope. A friend once said how nice it was to receive a card with a decorated envelope, that it ensured, depending on personality it was opened either first or last.

Inside and out

2 comments: