Saturday 18 February 2017

Ducklings Shoe Box Swap Event

Hello again, you may have seen my previous post about the Ducklings team meeting Shoe Box Swap. I blogged about my creation for the group. It was the first time I'd had to prepare for other crafters; something I found really enjoyable. So much so that I think I need to find an outlet for creating in the village! And since the village hall would be too big it looks like I might need to approach the hostelry just down the road!


Anyway, I wasn't the only one to post a sneaky peak. Susan posted on her fb page, just a little teaser but I loved the idea of using this set. It isn't one I yet own; certainly on my "must have" list so watch this space. I really liked the idea of thinking outside the box!

Everyone else appeared to be keeping their designs under wraps so I was really looking forward to seeing what we would be making.





I made a lemon cake to take with me so we all had some sustenance; can't beat a hit of sugar when you're crafting and the kettle was kept busy! As usual the crafty ducky made an appearance and kept a close eye on proceedings...
                                           ...and how much cake we ate!





Susan had prepared our first make


Susan was so organised, our first project, a gorgeous hexagonal box made with the Window Box Thinlit dies, was already set up. Susan had also been kind enough to give each of us some chocolate hearts, decorated beautifully, of course.




Next up after a break for a cuppa and slice of cake was my magic reveal card. I too had tried to be really organised with everything required stored in a cello bag for each person.




You can see more of this project on my previous post. 






After a spot of lunch it was Sue's turn to lead. As the newest member of the team, Sue was still waiting for her SU goodies to arrive so she gave us the choice of 2 gorgeous butterly designs based on a Darice embossing folder. Susan and I chose to use white on white - it's such an elegant scheme. We added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter using the Fine Tip Glue Pen to bring out the embossing more. Butterflies were die cut and added, I chose to use one larger butterfly but both Susan and Sue used 3. We haven't added a sentiment yet as this design would be suitable for so many occasions. It's such a simple yet effective card so I'm lucky that I have this embossing folder amongst my craft stash.

Close up of the glitter detail




It was lovely to finally meet our latest duckling; I'd spoken to Sue before when she called me to ask about SU. Sadly Annie wasn't able to attend due to family illness and Debbie was working. I'm sure schedules will allow us all to get together at some point though.






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your super project Bev and for the scrummy cake! I'm glad you enjoyed the day - there will be another one soon ... xx

    ReplyDelete