Wednesday 22 February 2017

A Jar full of Birthday Blooms for Mother's Day

Hello, I don't know why. but for some reason today I just sat at my craft desk staring at my stamp sets. I mean it isn't as if I didn't have any ideas; problem was, I'm still in Xmas card mode! It isn't as if I didn't have ideas for other cards either, I just didn't want to make them yet. Anyway, a quick look on Pinterest kick started the thought process to combine the oh so versatile Jar of Love bundle with Birthday Blooms.


I thought it would make a nice change to colour these flowers in yellow, not a colour I use too often. Because I was water colouring again I stamped my image onto watercolour paper using Black Archival ink. I rarely fussy cut I have to confess, but this design really needed it and quite honestly, it wasn't too bad.


Some cards naturally evolve, just like this one. I debated at first whether to mat and layer so that I could stamp the jar directly as I don't have DSP in the right colours. However, it suddenly occurred to me that I could make my own just to add a little more interest. And as usual, I chose to stamp both inside the card and on the envelope.






No comments:

Post a Comment