Wednesday 15 February 2017

Shoebox Swap

Hello again,  recently I was asked if I could make the team meeting of Ducklings. Let me explain, when I joined Stampin Up, I did so under the guidance of my lovely upline, Susan. You may have seen her name crop up on here from time to time. Susan has her own blog, Craftyduckydoodah, so when I and another lady joined her team it was decided we would become ducklings! Our numbers have now doubled, thanks in part to the fabulous Sale - a Bration offers where you can order £130 worth of Stampin Up goods for the price of £99 plus free postage for this order AND 2 extra FREE stamp sets. This offer ends on the 31st March.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand, we have decided to get the team together for a chat, coffee, cake and crafting though it remains to be seen what the order will be. One suggestion for the crafting side is to  have a Shoe Box Swap. The idea being that we all design a card and then take all the bits and bobs required so that everyone can have a go at making it. This is a great way to try out new or different ideas and styles and possibly items we might not have.

I'd been wondering what to use from my latest stash of goodies; to be quite honest, I found the array of stamp sets, dies and embossing folders a little daunting. I eventually narrowed my suggested list down to 3 sets - Weather Together, Moon Baby and Sitting Here - when I was asked if I could use Moon Baby which is featured in the Spring/Summer catalogue.


So having decided on a stamp set, I now had to come up with a design that we could all do, taking into consideration that there were several cards to make...
                                                                                 ...and cake to eat as well (mustn't forget the cake!)

 I had originally thought of taking a shaker card I'd made but then a former colleague announced the birth of her gorgeous baby boy so that card was soon winging it's way to Suffolk. Unfortunately I didn't have quite enough acetate in my stash to make another card for demonstrating purposes so that idea had to be ruled out. It was while I was looking for inspiration that I found a tutorial for a Magic Reveal Spinner Card by Tanya DeRoy. I contacted Tanya and she has given permission for me to link to her You Tube tutorial. You can also find Tanya at https://inkresponsiblyau.blogspot.co.uk/  where you'll discover more fabulous projects she's made.






.
Pull the ribbon to reveal the second picture.










Difficult to see but clear Wink of Stella was brushed over the stars.

Preparations for the Duckling team meeting.





No comments:

Post a Comment