Saturday 25 February 2017

Mirror Stamping

Hello again, have you seen all the cards about with either mirror images or reflections? They are so on trend at the moment.I had often thought how nice it would be to be able to transpose an image but hadn't really thought about how it could be made possible before. Luckily lots of other people had the same thought and shared their tutorials.

Anyway, inspiration came at totally the wrong time when I was on the bus going to work! I hadn't even got a scrap of paper with me. As soon as I got into work I made a quick sketch much to the amusement of my co-workers. Needless to say from then to actually making it, the card has somewhat evolved


Once again I turned to Moon Baby, so far it's the only stamp set I've used from my latest order! At least I'm getting very good value for money from this set. I chose to use Sweet Sugarplum, Soft Sky and So Saffron thus ensuring my card is suitable for boy or girl. 


To get a mirror image, stamp onto a piece of acetate first and then put that facedown onto the cardstock. Make sure the acetate doesn't move whilst pressing down well. If you have a large enough photopolymer stamp then you could stamp directly onto the back of that instead of the acetate.

I covered a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock in my chosen design, stamping some images in reverse and some partially off the page to draw the eye out.. I left a space for placement of the sentiment.















I used ink pads with the blender pens to colour in the images while the sentiment only required the write markers.

To add a 3D effect I stamped the image on a spare piece of card, coloured it and then fussy cut it. Using dimensionals it was attached to the background. The sentiment was also raised up with dimensionals. As usual the inside of the card was stamped and coloured to give a finished look.



Inside
















No comments:

Post a Comment