Saturday 11 February 2017

Moon Baby for a beautiful baby boy... and his lovely mum and dad

Hello again, I heard the other day that a former work colleague had given birth to her first baby, a gorgeous boy called Hector. The timing was absolutely perfect as I'd received the Moon Baby stamp set a few days before in my order. Not only that but it was the first set I'd had a play with.

I loved the idea of cutting out a section of the stamped image which was done by partially die cutting and finishing off with fussy cutting. This technique is explained in detail in my Quick Tip no 3.


This in turn made me think of a shaker card. I coloured the image in with the new Stampin Up watercolour pencils and used the blender pen to move the colours around. For the background I used an aqua painter with the Night of Navy inkpad. A little clear Wink of Stella was applied to the stars for a shimmery effect,

The finished card

I just hope that the cards recipients approved of it when it arrived. I know I had fun making it.





No comments:

Post a Comment