Saturday 9 September 2017

Lovely as a Tree - again????

Hello again, while the Lovely as a Tree stamp set was out I thought I'd make a second card with it. Luckily it was still visible under the mess on my desk. Normally I try to have a tidy up at the end of the day but I've been so inspired recently that ideas have flowed thick and fast. Now this doesn't always happen, sometimes I can sit staring in space for a while before a glimmer of an idea comes to the fore. I'm certainly not complaining about my messy desk, as it means I'm working; long may it continue - as long as there are a few inches of space to work on.



This really is such a classic set, I can't think there will ever be a time it retires. Once again I chose a white on white design, using only 3 other colours although Very Vanilla would also look great for the base colour.


This time I made a tent card. I masked off an oval and created my sponged background, using Soft Sky and Garden Green. I stamped my trees across and the stamped the larger tree so that the majority was on white space. Sadly I didn't take photos of the process. I really must learn to take them as I go along. I then took a 2nd piece of Whisper White which was the same size and die cut an oval, this one was just very slightly smaller. It took a little time and effort to make sure it was in the right place. I then stamped the large tree again, this time on the card with the aperture, matching up as closely as possible to the tree on the background as some of the branches showed through.



Handy tip; cut the oval first and place it over the card you're going to sponge on then draw around it so you know where the ink needs to be. This card evolved as I hadn't originally planned to add an extra layer!




I wrapped some Linen thread around the top card, securing from behind with a couple of glue dots before using dimensionals to adhere to the sponged card. This in turn was secured to the base card, I added a sentiment and to create some balance coloured and stuck a wooden embellishment in the opposite corner.



I hope you like it. I decided to add to my collection of male birthday cards but depending on the sentiment you choose, this is suitable for many occasions. 





No comments:

Post a Comment