Thursday 28 September 2017

Snow time

Hello, you may have noticed, if you've see any of my recent posts, how much I like like the Colourful Seasons bundle. There really is something for every season; if you're just starting out this set will cover so many occasions.


I'd noticed that several of my Christmas sets have been retired. At the time of writing this in early August I've yet to place my Autumn/Winter order so took a look at the snowflake dies.


I had a scrap of vellum left over from my Autumn card so decided to experiment with heat embossing in colour using Stampin' Up inks. First of all I covered the vellum in Versamark followed by the Soft Sky ink pad. I then sprinkled a holographic embossing powder over it and heated up until it had melted. This particular embossing powder isn't made by Stampin' Up but they do make a clear one which would have almost the same effect. Once cooled down, I die cut  a couple of snowflakes.


I also die cut more snowflakes in both glimmer card and silver foil. My sentiment was stamped in Smoky Slate  onto Whisper White and heat embossed before die cutting with a square Stitched Shape Framelit.


I don't often use embossed backgrounds, however, this one called Softly Falling fitted perfectly with the theme. I added a strip of ribbon before adhering the sentiment using dimensionals to raise it slightly. My handy tip today is when using a speciality paper such as the silver foil as a layer, cut out the centre as it won't be seen. I scattered the snowflakes loosely around the sentiment, adding a few rhinestones for a touch more bling.





No comments:

Post a Comment