Thursday 7 September 2017

Spotlight on Lovely as a Tree

If you've read any of my previous posts, you'll know that I like a stamp set to be versatile so that it earns it's keep. Well, there is one set, Lovely as a Tree that can be used for almost any occasion, either on it's own or in conjunction with other sets. Had you thought of using it for Christmas though?


I decided that I'd make a Christmas card using the negative spotlight technique and Lovely as a Tree. As with many of my cards, it's simple and uncluttered. I often feel that with cards less is more.

As you can see, I only used 2 colours. First of all I stamped the row of trees onto both Whisper White and Night of Navy using Versamark ink and then heat embossed in white. It immediately had a wintery feel to it. I also took some stars from the Star of Light set and stamped randomly  for a twinkly sky on the navy card. These were also heat embossed for a cohesive look.











A circle was cut out of the navy card, I used a die although a punch would work just as well. I very lightly sponged the area of white that would be revealed through the hole and used dimensionals to layer both pieces of card. It took a little while to line up both images as there is so much detail on this stamp. I do think it's worth the effort though.

A little silver metallic thread was wrapped around my fingers to loop it and place on the base card. I used a couple of glue dots to hold in place. My design was then mounted onto white card before adhering to the navy base card, allowing the silver thread to show diagonally, top and bottom. I took a sentiment from Star of Light and once again stamped and heat embossed it.


Whilst playing with this technique, I also made a second card, this time with no heat embossing. It uses the same spotlight method but with a coloured background. Another male oriented card I think. I'm so pleased I managed to get the Sky is the Limit; this one was so much easier to line up!





No comments:

Post a Comment