Tuesday 5 September 2017

Summer Silhouette

Hello, do you find it difficult to create cards to express sympathy for someones loss? Crafters can be quite divided on what is and isn't suitable; should you use colour, what about a touch of bling? A while ago I saw a stamp set called Summer Silhouette, it had already retired, but I thought it would be perfect for many different projects including sympathy cards.


This stamp set sat on the shelf for a while before I finally had a play with it. In fact it only came down as I was struggling without my precision press. I know I frequently use it however I hadn't realised how much I relied on it. I chose a soft palette of colours as I really don't like stark black and white.


 I started by stamping the stem in Crumb Cake, adding the flower head in both first and second generation Blushing Bride onto a rectangle of Whisper White card stock. I also added the leaf in Crumb Cake.


This was then mounted onto Blushing Bride with just a narrow border showing. Linen Thread was wrapped around the lower edge. Is this where I should confess that I wanted to cover up a little of the leaf stem? Anyway, it turned into a happy accident.


Having used washi tape recently at Coffee and Cards, I decided to break out my own stash again. I thought it went well with the splodges in both Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride and created a softer background. I wouldn't add rhinestones to this type of card but wanted some subtle bling so sorted out my embellishments to find the pearls.


Now I'm normally rather decisive when it comes to how my cards should look. I am still toying with the idea of adding a small butterfly though. With or without, what do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment