I already had a spare card to hand for a baby girl, so thought I'd better have one for a little boy on stand-by! The main stamp set I used is called Made with Love, another set that had been languishing on my shelf for a while. It's also another of my retired sets.
As I've been working with masks recently, I thought I'd extend it slightly. I took my inspiration from a card on Pinterest, I really struggled to find the original post but think it is from an idea attributed to Barbara Grey.
First I created my own mask by die cutting various sized holes on a piece of scrap paper. I then laid it over some Shimmery White card stock cut to size before stamping my images; this ensured they were in the right place. I then masked them off so that they didn't get coloured as I was inking the background.
Using circular movements, I sponged my colours trying to blend the colours together. I have to admit some seem to blend better than others.
|Same design, different colours|
You might have noticed I haven't included the text with the stamped images of the kitten and fawn. My handy tip today is to place sellotape over any part of a stamp you don't want in your finished image. Ink up the stamp as usual and then remove the tape.
The images were coloured using Promarkers - I don't often use them but sometimes they really come into their own. I've noticed that I even have a few that match my Stampin' Up ink colours which is handy.
I added just a little loop of ribbon and silver metallic thread behind the sentiment, which was raised using dimensionals. I hope you like it.