Tuesday 7 March 2017

Flowering Flourishes.

Hello again, apart from sentiments, if there is one type of stamp set I would recommend every stamper to have in their stash it's a set of flourishes. They are so versatile, from adding background interest to becoming the main focus.

Today I've shown how one flourish taken from Flowering Flourishes can be used to different effects. Sadly this set has now been discontinued.


Simple yet elegant
First of all I stamped the flourish multiple times acoss the card to create a striking background, It was mounted onto a slightly larger piece the same colour as the stamping to create a border. A band of ribbon with sentiment was added to complete this simple, elegant card before attaching to the base card
.












Mounting each layer onto matching cardstock
For the second card, I used a precision stamping press to ensure my image was stamped in exactly the right place for each layer. And for the eagle eyed, yes it has been placed slightly to the right. I am considering putting a dragonfly in the top left hand corner. As usual I've stamped inside the card and also on the envelope.













And finally for a more dramatic look I heat set gold embossing powder onto Cherry Cobbler. Although this would be a perfect card for an  anniversary card I've used a generic sentiment so that it's suitable for more occasions.



No comments:

Post a Comment