Monday 27 March 2017

One Sheet Wonder

Hello again, I don't know about you but I keep seeing some fabulous cards created from one sheet of DSP. It can be an easy way of making a bunch of cards quickly. I'd been thinking about trying this idea out but hadn't got round to it. The idea of making a wrong cut on a precious sheet of 12"x12" DSP was too much to contemplate. Then I stumbled across this one, making four cards by using a 6"x6" sheet on Pinterest so thank you to Sylvia for sharing. Click on her name and it should take you to the blog.


I used a sheet from the Pretty Petals DSP, sadly now retired, which then dictated the plain colours I chose. I love butterflies, so the subject choice was very easy to make this time. I hate to say it but I am a creature of habit!

I also decided to stamp most of the sentiments onto the Stitched Shapes Framelit dies, they look that bit more interesting than plain shapes. I've noticed that some people haven't realised that the dies - 4 of each shape are stuck on both sided of the card in the pack. Circles and ovals on one side and squares on the other, so if you buy them please don't think you're missing some.

I tried to keep the designs pretty much on theme but with slight variations to make them more interesting. I really don't like making more than one of any design unless I actually need to.




A spot of 3 stage stamping on the butterflies...

...and a little water colouring





Even a length or two of ribbon for good measure.






For my first attempt I'm reasonably happy with these cards. I think it has given me the confidence to have a go with a 12"x12" piece of DSP which would give more variation of shapes, even reversing the paper as most of it is double sided. I've found that if you're really not sure of matching or coordinating colours, then this is a really good starting point.




























No comments:

Post a Comment