Thursday 23 March 2017

One Design For Him... And For Her

Hello again, last time I promised I would take a design and show how just by changing the DSP and embellishments, you could totally change the look. I'm using the paper fold I saw on the blog of Stamp and Scrap with Frenchie again. 
So, number one card, I think you'll agree it's rather masculine. I know women can do DIY and some men don't know a spanner from a screwdriver but historically tools are for men. 


Once again I chose to use Urban Underground as my starting point. I also used the Nailed It bundle again. Keep an eye out, I have a design in mind using Nailed It in conjunction with Jar of Love.

A sneaky peek at the first card. You'll see the completed card at the bottom of the post
Not wanting to waste anything, I even found a use for the holes from the die cut nuts as you can see in the picture on the far right. The spanner was cut from Smoky Slate with a liberal coating of clear Wink of Stella. I think that may be one of my favourite craft items.

And now onto the second card. Goodness, I really struggled to decide on one DSP; I had two designs in mind, one using pastel shades and the other brighter colours. In the end, I plumped for the pastels. 


The DSP I used came from the Falling in Love series; the colours are so soft and delicate. I used a Lace Doily, cut in half and positioned behind the paper fold for added interest. A few sequins added just a little glitz while a water coloured and die cut butterfly finished off the look I was aiming for.



I guess after the teasers I guess you'd like to compare the cards?

Do you think they look different enough to appeal to both sexes?




No comments:

Post a Comment