Tuesday 21 March 2017

To Bee or Not to Bee...

Hello again, recently I won the gorgeous Dragonfly Dreams stamp set in a prize draw I’d been entered into. I feel so lucky, I’d been eying up this set as soon as I saw it as my daughter, Abby, loves bees!


I had also seen a quick and simple paper fold on Pinterest by Stamp and Scrap with Frenchie so thanks to Frenchie for sharing. Click on the name to go to her tutorial. Her card was quite feminine but I thought by using the Urban Underground DSP it would make a more universal card. In fact, my second card is very definitely male oriented! Check out my next blog post to see how by using a different DSP and embellishments you can alter the same design to look either ultra feminine or masculine.


I love the detail on the bee. This was created by using a two part stamp. First I stamped the yellow base after stamping off on a piece of scrap paper. Then I stamped over the top with the second stamp, using black. Once I’d found my clear Wink of Stella, I added some shimmer to the wings – sadly not shown in these photos.


Isn't the beehive cute? It's from the Shooting Star bundle






No comments:

Post a Comment